Basic Peace Officer Course 2015 Class A-15
Non – Employee Cadet Applicants
The application process will begin March 3, 2015 for non-employees. The non-employee applicants will arrive at Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Recruiting Office located at #1 Criminal Justice Dr. Conroe Texas 77301 between the hours of 8am and 12pm for an initial interview. Business attire is required. All non-employee applicants need to have the initial interview before moving to the next step in the Cadet Applicant process. When you pass the initial interview, you will be sent across the street to the Sheriff’s Office Training Academy where you will make an appointment to attend the written and physical assessment portion of the application process. You may sign-up to take the tests on either March 31st or April 7th of 2015.
Sheriff’s Employee Cadet Applicants
Applicants who are currently employed with Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office will email or call Sergeant John Nichols at 936-760-5859 to make an appointment to attend the physical portion of the testing. Physical testing will be held on March 31st and April 7th of 2015. Current employees do not have to take the written test.
The applicants shall arrive at 7:45 a.m. on one of the above mentioned days with PT gear (see below). All of the non-employees who have passed the physical testing will then take the written test at 1:00 p.m. sharp. All current county employed cadet applicants will be free to go. There will be no more physical or written testing after April 7, 2015.
Bring these items with you when you come to test
- A good attitude
- Water and towel
- Black or blue ink pen
- Valid state driver’s license
- PT gear to change into:
- Plain t-shirt and running shoes
- Appropriate jogging pants or shorts for the 1.5 mile run
- Mandatory long pants or sweat pants to run the obstacle course
Time will be given to eat lunch off site if you choose not to bring anything. Be sure to hydrate yourself the night before and during the day of applicant testing.
The non-employee cadet applicants who have successfully passed the entrance exam and the physical assessment will be given a BPOC Application booklet to be completed and turned into Sergeant John Nichols within 7 days.
Please read BEFORE you arrive to take the written test. If you do not meet all of the requirements per TCOLE Rule 217.1, Texas Occupation Code; 1701.255, 1701.306, 1701.309, 1701.312, 1701.313 or minimum requirements set by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office Training Academy listed below, you will not be accepted.
- You must hold a HS Diploma or a GED.
- You must be able to pass a credit check.
- You must be able to run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes and 55 seconds without stopping and be in good physical shape.
- You will have to complete 24 correct pushups in 1 minute
- You will have to complete 28 correct sit-ups in one minute
- You will have to complete a bench press
- You will have to complete the obstacle course in 3 minutes and 42 seconds or under
- You must pass the written entrance exam in April for non-employees
- You must be 21 years of age by graduation.
- You must be a US citizen.
As per TCOLE Rule 217.1, if you have any of the following, you cannot enter this Academy:
- Any prior convictions for Felony Offense (No statute of limitation)
- Any prior conviction for Class A Misdemeanor (No statute of limitation)
- Any prior conviction of a Class B Misdemeanor (Within 10 years)
- Any prior conviction of any offense of Family Violence (No statute of limitation)
- Any open warrants, Class C Misdemeanor or above
- A Texas Driver’s License that is currently under Suspension, Revocation, or Cancellation
Please review the TCOLE website and links to the Texas Occupation Code and TCOLE Rules.
The cost for the Law Enforcement Training Academy A-14 is $1875 for non-employees and $650 for current Montgomery County Sheriff's Office employees. Your tuition is not due until the first day of class, which is to be determined. The 2015 BPOC is a part time Academy and will be held 2 days a week for a period of 12 months on Monday and Tuesday from 7:45 a.m. until 5-6-7pm. Your ending time will vary from day to day. Uniforms, holster, and duty belt are provided along with an issued Glock 17. You are responsible for purchasing a duty weapon and handcuffs before graduation. These items are required for qualifications and will serve as your primary carry weapon. The issued handgun will be turned in before graduation. You will have a few other small expenses along the way.
If you feel you can meet all of the initial requirements, RSVP via email with firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: full name, age, home address, e-mail address, phone number, and requested date selected for applicant testing March 31st or April 7th of 2015. We are already taking sign-ups, so, be sure to reserve your seat early as we have limited slots available.
Clint People’s Training Academy
112 Academy Drive Conroe, TX 77301
Phone: 936-760-5859 Fax: 936-760-5809